Saturday, April 8, 2017

Goodbye, Sabrina Cardigan!


Two years ago I cast on a cardigan from Sabrina magazine. I really loved the pattern and worked on it for quite a long time (these wrapped stitches were quite a slog). I had actually two complete sleeves and the back, when I lost interest in the project and discarded it in my overflowing box for unfinished projects and yarn.


With the coming of spring I felt it was time to decide what to do with the Sabrina cardigan - finish it or make something else with the yarn - Performance Cotton Gem, 100% cotton, 50 g / 100 m. It was of course a pity to discard all the work I had put into it, but i just didn't feel like finishing it, when I've got so many new ideas I want to try and knit. So - I pulled the thread.


I  only regret it I was half way through frogging when it occurred to me that I never took pictures and blogged about this cardigan and I had two-thirds of it actually done. So I took a pause to photograph what was left of it. I'm frogging it using steam and though I wouldn't claim that the yarn looks as good as new, I hope blocking of the finished project would even the stitches.



A glimpse at the new cardigan I'm knitting with this yarn:


And to sprinkle this rather bland post with some color - two pictures from the site of the host town of the National Olympiad of Biology, where Gaby won the silver medal. We are so proud of our clever girl!



6 comments:

  1. Ho'omaka'i to your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous achievement, congratulations Gabby!

    I'm being to love the feeling of making the decision to abandon a project rather than have it sit there making me feel guilty. The cuff of the new one looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The feeling of making a decision and abandoning an unfinished project is really liberating. At least for me it feels like now I have the moral ground to start a new project :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, congrats to your girl!!! Must be so proud of her! Frogging is never fun, but it is definitely better to turn yarn into something that you would actually enjoy knitting and wearing! new piece looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alina! I'm definitely enjoying the new project, you're right, without fun and satisfaction the whole hobby idea doesn't make sense :)

      Delete