Friday, October 13, 2017

Kauni Striped Socks


Another small project, using left over yarn from a bigger project I knitted this spring - the Rainbow Haruni Shawl. Simple socks, almost vanilla, with some stripes to keep me interested.


Project name: Kauni Striped Socks, 44 sts
Yarn: Kauni Artistic, color Rainbow, 50 g
Needle: 3 mm, 2.5 mm rib
Time to knit: 4 days


Initially I planned to make these plain vanilla socks, but after I finished the first toe and started the foot I felt that it would get a bit old and boring and I've already done such socks for my son a year ago, so I took the other end of the ball and started striping with it. I'm really glad I did that - these flew off my needles in no time, despite the precious little spare time I had for knitting.


I had also planned to make the heel afterthought, as I thought I wouldn't have enough yarn for a whole pair, but when I reached the heel I measured the remaining yarn and calculated that I had enough and that a continuous heel would look better with this yarn. I used some modified short row heel, but I wouldn't repeat it, the result is not that good as other heels I've tried.



We are enjoying quite sunny and pleasant weather today, hurray!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, those are fun rainbow socks. I haven't tried that brand yet.

    ReplyDelete